Monday, May 26, 2014

21 Day Detox Post Mortem


This is the third time I've completed an annual 21 day detox where I remove the following:

1. Sugar
2. Caffeine
3. Gluten
4. Animal proteins including dairy
5. Alcohol

It's quite intense; here are my observations. 

1. I can do ANYTHING, I just can't do EVERYthing. I can eat, drink, ingest whatever I want to; I just can't do that AND expect to live at my optimal level of health, wellness and vitality. 

2. When one door shuts, there's another doorway to move toward. As I have shut the door on allowing my physical body and its cravings and aversions to control me, the door has swung open to a life with much more CLARITY, connectedness and EQUANIMITY. 

3. The act of letting go and leaping toward the unknown will ALWAYS be rewarded!

4. There's nothing to change or fix; We must peel away layers of self-delusion, insecurities, defense mechanisms and barriers to reveal God's masterpiece within. 

5. The human body has an endless source of natural energy. It just needs to be revealed. I have literally never felt physically BETTER!  I'm living on a higher level! My senses are so sharp and sensitive. I think way less and FEEL so damn good!

6. It's ok to be tired!!! When the body and mind are tired, REST! 

7. The detox is so much more than the food and the body. It's about relationships of dependency and how we use food and caffeine and alcohol to avoid unpleasant thoughts and feelings that arise. 

8. How you do ANYthing is how you do EVERYthing. Mindfulness and balance are the keys to living an optimal life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment