Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2012

This was my FB post on December 31,2011 as I was preparing for 2012.


2011 - thank you for the memories: the love, heartbreak, redemption, sorrow, joy, accomplishments, fulfillment, gratitude, happiness, laughter, challenges, failures and successes; I won't linger on your memories, for the past is gone. What will remain of you as I continue on my path are the lessons you've given: be true to myself, always; lead with my heart; be present, live in the moment; take risks, it's ok to fail; and I am never alone.

2012 - rather than predict, control or anticipate what you will be to me, as I have done with other years, I pledge to open my heart and mind to you as I watch you reveal yourself; to see you clearly for what you are, not what I wish you to be. To accept the beauty, truth and lesson that you offer with humility and gratitude. To strive for equanimity and non-attachment so that I may love and appreciate all experiences equally, pain or pleasure.To be a positive impact on all those I encounter. To take every opportunity I can to express what is within my heart.To reach for the stars and fly. And to love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment